If you would like to start a team (any age group) in your area, we welcome you and promise to provide you with all the support, ideas, and encouragement you need to succeed! Remember: no experience required.
In general, here’s what you’ll need:
Team Startup Checklist
- A spirit of adventure
- A commitment of the time required for each program level
- 2 coaches and at least 5+ kids
- A place to meet
- A willingness to raise funds (sponsorships and grants available)
- The desire to have fun and help kids learn
- The expectation to get more back than you give
FIRST provides an abundance of resources. both online and in person, to help you get started. Plus, there’s a huge community of existing FIRST teams, Coaches, Mentors, and Volunteers who are very eager to share their knowledge, resources, and insight along your journey. You’ll never be alone. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
(Grades K -3) Start a FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Team
(Grades 4 – 8) Start a FIRST® LEGO® League Team
(Grades 7 -12) Start a FIRST® Tech Challenge Team
(Grades 9 – 12) Start a FIRST® Robotics Competition Team