Resources for innovators and inventors from learning how to protect your idea through patenting and basic intellectual property information.
- How Do I Protect My Invention?
A quick intro to what patents and trademarks are.
- Guide to Applying for a Patent
Introductory step-by-step guide for any team interested in protecting their intellectual property, including the United States provisional patent process, how a full United States utility patent works, and advice for patenting in other countries.
Intellectual Property Resources
- PCT – The International Patent System
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- What is Intellectual Property?
Guide from the World Intellectual Property Organization
From the USPTO
- Patent Databases
- USPTO Video: Dean Kamen talks about patents in the National Inventors Hall of Fame during the Sixth Annual Global Innovation Award on June 22, 2016.
Please see the Global Innovation Guidelines for helpful tools and inspiring reads to help you innovate.