FIRST Tech Challenge Dean's List
Nominate your students TODAY!
Mentors/Coaches must review the Dean’s List Submission Guide prior to making their Dean’s List nomination. Submissions must be made using the Team Registration System.
What is the FIRST Dean’s List Award?
In an effort to recognize the leadership and dedication of FIRST’s most outstanding FIRST Tech Challenge students, the Kamen family sponsors an Award for selected top students known as the FIRST Dean’s List. Since its introduction in 2010, the FIRST Dean’s List Award has attracted the attention of prestigious colleges and universities who desire to recruit FIRST Dean’s List students. Similar to the very prestigious National Merit Scholarship Award winners, there are three (3) “categories” of FIRST Dean’s List Award students:
- FIRST Dean’s List Semi-Finalists
- FIRST Dean’s List Semi-Finalists are the students nominated by each Team to compete for the FIRST Dean’s List Finalist spots.
- FIRST Dean’s List Finalists
- The students selected to be recognized at each State/Regions Championship that are in the running for the FIRST Dean’s List Winner spots.
- FIRST Dean’s List Winners
- The group of 10 students who are the final selection for the Dean’s List Award at the FIRST World Championship.
Each FIRST Tech Challenge Team is invited to select up to two (2) students who are in the 10th or 11th grade (sophomores or juniors) as FIRST Dean's List Semi-Finalists. The students who earn FIRST Dean’s List Award status as a Semi-Finalists, Finalist or Winner, are great examples of student leaders who have led their Teams and communities to increased awareness for FIRST and its mission. These students have also achieved personal technical expertise and accomplishment. It is the intention of FIRST that these individuals will continue on, post-Award, as great leaders, student alumni, and advocates of FIRST.
Prestigious colleges have expressed great interest in meeting FIRST Dean’s List’s Award winners and FIRST hopes that each Team will take advantage of the opportunity to nominate the most qualified students as FIRST Dean’s List Nominees!
- An opportunity to work with all members of the FIRST Dean’s list and FIRST leaders to advance the Alumni mission of FIRST.
2016 FIRST Tech Challenge Dean’s List Award Winners
Andrew Dornbier | Team 7220 | THE BLOCK HEADS | Garner, IA
Anika Yardi | Team 8121 | Rmageddon | Rockville, MD
Anshuman Radhakrishnan | Team 4855 | Batteries in Black | Portland, OR
Colleen Johnson | Team 3595 | Schrödinger’s Hat | Fairbanks, AK
David Sargent | Team 5395 | Team Clutch | Mustang, OK
Juwon Packer | Team 4886 | Robo Junkies | Lubbock, TX
Knut Peterson | Team 7129 | Robo Raiders | Lebanon, IL
Luz Moreno | Team 9547 | Panthers | San Antonio, TX
Phoebe Spear | Team 6081 | i²r robotics | Westport, CT
Sanjna Ravichandar | Team 6037 | W.A.G.S | Princeton Junction, NJ
See also: Dean's List Award Presentation at FIRST World Championship!