FIRST Choice: Opening Postponed, Part 2

Dec 16, 2013 Written by FIRST Staff

From our Kit of Parts Team, Kate Pilotte & Collin Fultz:

Well, that was a doozy of a weekend. We will leave the technical details regarding the cause and remedies to the experts once this is all over (they’re pretty busy right now).

We’re working on nailing the root cause and a solution to the website issue now (while the number of users may have been an issue, it wasn’t dramatically different from the number of users we saw during successful testing).  The details related to the root cause and the solution will be available as soon as possible.  The existing system doesn’t have the group’s confidence, so we’ll be taking it in a new direction. Given that, and the amount of testing we’ll be doing, it’ll be at least a week, and probably more, until your accounts are populated with the first round of credits. It’s so important to us that when the site does open, it results in a good experience for you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding – your empathetic posts, emails, and phone calls have been good pieces of an otherwise rough weekend. Our apologies for the two strikes this weekend, we promise our next swing will be a home run.