Youth Team Member System Overview & Consent and Release Form Oct. 4 2016| 0 KB
- MENTORS: Log in to our website to complete the FIRST Consent and Release Form.
- YOUTH TEAM MEMBERS & PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Log in to our website and click on the "Complete Youth Team Member Registration" button on the Dashboard to navigate to the Youth Team Member Registration. If you are a new user, you may create an account by clicking the "Sign Up" link on the top-right corner of our website.
- Questions regarding the Youth Team Member registration? Read the Important Registration Information, contact us at email@example.com, or dial 603-666-3906, Option 0.
FIRST requires all youth team members to register. Youth Team Members who have not registered will not be permitted to compete in FIRST events or competitions.
- Your youth's Lead Coach/Mentor will send you an email invitation with the registration link and team number.
- If you do not receive an email invitation, ask the Lead Coach/Mentor to provide you with the FIRST program name (e.g.., FLL Jr., FLL, FTC or FRC), and team number of the team your youth wants to join. You need this information to register.
- Go to the registration link indicated on the email invitation, or, click "Sign Up" (if you're a new user) or "Log In" if you're a returning user on the www.firstinspires.org website.
- If you are a new user, create your account by clicking the "Sign Up" link. If you are a returning user, click the "Log In" link to log in with your email and password. Once logged in, you will be asked to complete YOUR parent/guardian user profile information. Once you have done this, you may select the "Complete Youth Team Member Registration" button from the Dashboard.
- Here, click the "Add Youth" button to add your youth. You will then be prompted to complete their user profile. If they are 13 or older, you may provide an email address for them. However, the youth email address and the parent/guardian email address must be different. Once the youth profile is complete, you may enter their School Information. Next, you may apply to their Team Number. After you've applied to the Team, you can sign your Youth's electronic Consent and Release Form.
- You are done! Please note: Your Youth is not enrolled on the team until the Lead Coach/Mentor accepts them.
- For those without access to a computer or internet, please contact the Lead Coach/Mentor to see if they have a process in place.
- Establish a system of communication with parents of participants of our programs
- Comply with Youth Protection Policies by knowing who is participating on FIRST teams
- Make the process of registering and signing consent and release forms easier for parents
- Provide Coaches and Mentors with a Team Roster that identifies their Team and makes management of paperwork easier
- Obtain data on who is benefiting from our programs to apply for funding and sponsorships, ensure accessibility of our programs to all, and help us grow our programs
- Reduce the costs associated with paper that needs to be processed at FIRST events, then shipped and stored at FIRST Headquarters
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this page for?
The information on this page is for parents/guardians, youth team members, and Lead Coaches/ Mentors of FIRST programs. FIRST requires all youth team members of FIRST programs to register. This page provides information about FIRST youth team member registration process.
Who is a FIRST Youth Team Member?
A FIRST youth team member is a youth participant on any FIRST Team: FIRST LEGO League Jr., FIRST LEGO League, FIRST Tech Challenge, and FIRST Robotics Competition.
How do I register my Youth with FIRST?
We have established a secure online registration system to make the process of registering your youth easier and the management of paperwork less costly. For those without access to a computer or Internet, you may access the documents here.
When do the registration and electronic FIRST Consent and Release form need to be completed?
You must complete registration and sign the FIRST Consent and Release form prior to your youth's initial FIRST competition or event. For the FIRST Robotics Competition, it needs to be completed prior to Kickoff if your youth is attending the Kickoff with the team.
Why is FIRST requiring youth team members to register?
Registration of youth team members is needed to:
- Establish a system of communication with parents of team members
- Comply with Youth Protection policies by having a way for FIRST to contact parents of participants in case of emergency
- Provide Lead Coaches/Mentors with a Team Roster that identifies their Team and makes management of paperwork easier
- Provide FIRST with data on who is benefiting from our programs, apply for funding and sponsorships and help us grow our programs
- Reduce the cost and amount of paper that needs to be processed at FIRST events, then shipped and stored at Headquarters
How will FIRST use the information I provide?
FIRST will use the information to:
- Understand whom our programs are serving to ensure they are accessible to all.
- Meet the requirements of Sponsors, foundations, and funders who require FIRST to report on the total number of participants served, and their demographic characteristics.
- Provide you with information about FIRST programs and opportunities. Minor children will not be contacted by FIRST.
Will the Lead Coach/Mentor have access to my youth's data?
How will FIRST protect our information and identity?
What if my youth does not have a team to join?
FIRST does not match youth to teams. To connect with FIRST LEGO League Jr. and FIRST LEGO League teams, we encourage you to create a FIRST TeamUp account. FIRST TeamUp is a community-driven system that allows parents, Coaches, and Mentors to connect with one another to form teams. For FIRST Tech Challenge and FIRST Robotics Competition, you may find a list of teams in your area at Teams & Events. Another great way to connect with teams in your area for all FIRST programs is by attending a local event. All of our events are free and open to the public, and you can search for events in your area at Teams & Events. We also encourage you to consider starting a team!
How do I register my youth if I do not have a computer or access to the Internet?
There are several options if you do not have access to a computer or the Internet. You can speak with the Lead Coach/Mentor of your youth's team to determine if they have access to a computer you can use to register your youth. Some teams hold a registration meeting where parents register their youth together. Most local libraries have free computer and Internet access. If the team is connected to your youth's school, you may be able to access a computer there. If you are not able to access a computer, email or the Internet, please ask your coach or mentor to download the paperwork for you.
What if I do not register my youth?
FIRST requires all teams to have youth team members registered with FIRST. Youth team members who have not registered will not be permitted to compete in FIRST events.
What if I still have questions?
You may contact FIRST Headquarters if you have any other questions. Please reach us by calling 603-666-3906, Option ”0” or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Registration Process
I registered my youth but indicated the wrong team number or program. What should I do?
If you input an incorrect team number or program, you will be able to drop the incorrect team in the Youth Team Member Registration. To do this, log in to your account and drop the team. After you drop the incorrect team, you can enter the correct program and team number.
I did not receive my account activation email. How can I activate my account?
You can activate your account by clicking "log in", followed by "forgot password" on the www.firstinspires.org homepage. Click on “forgot password”and follow the directions.
My email changed. How do I access my account?
You may log into the system with your existing login credentials and update your email address in your user profile.
If you do not remember your password to your existing login credentials, but still have access to your old email account, please visit the login page here: www.firstinspires.org. Click on the forgot password link and follow the directions from there. If you are still having issues, please email email@example.com with your new email address, and we will assist you by updating your email address. Once your email is updated, you will receive a confirmation at the new email address.
It looks like I have completed all of my youth’s account information, but I do not see the FIRST Consent and Release form to sign?
As the parent/guardian, you must be logged into the system with YOUR user account email address. If you are logged in with your youth’s user account email address, you will not be able to access the FIRST Consent and Release form.
My youth's team application was denied—why?
Your youth’s Lead Coach/Mentor accepts or denies youth team member applications. Please contact them directly as FIRST HQ has no information regarding application status.
My youth is 18. Do I need to complete a FIRST Consent and Release form for him/her?
No, as a legal adult, your youth can complete the registration process and sign the FIRST Consent and Release form from their own user account.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-871-8326, Option “0” for assistance.