The FIRST Robotics Competition volunteer role of Field Repair-Reset repairs and resets playing field after each team match. Plays a critical role in ensuring smooth flow of match play and maintaining pace of the event. Duties need to be done efficiently. This position can be very physically active.
- Reset field after each team match
- Check field for debris after match, remove
- Check carpet for runs, and loose seam tape; apply/replace as needed
- Retrieve objects that fall outside the playing field
- Protect the scoring table from objects that may fall outside the playing field
- Prepare field at end of day for following day's play
Experience and Skills Needed
- FIRST experience not required
- Outgoing, friendly personality
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to take charge; be assertive, but tactful
- Ability to move about facility
- General knowledge of facility and event layout
- Adults preferred, older teens may be considered
- Commitment: Minimum one day + training
- Approximate times:
|Practice Day (day before the competition)||7:30am - End of Day|
|Day One of Competition||7:30am - End of Day|
|Day Two of Competition||7:30am - End of Day|
Note: Event schedules vary. Please check the event schedule and talk to your Volunteer Coordinator, for detailed information on when you are expected to arrive. Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to start of every shift in order to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration table.
Event Manager or Volunteer Coordinator conducts training on site and provides guidance during the competition.
Reporting Relationships and Supervision
Direct supervision: Event Manager
On-site guidance: Volunteer Coordinator
*Please Note: some events will conduct a pre-event evening Volunteer Orientation and Training.