The positive impact on FIRST Tech Challenge participants is gratifying and well documented. Over 86% have more interest in doing well in school and 87% are more interested in attending college. View impact resources.
FIRST Tech Challenge teams get to:
- Design, build, and program robots
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Develop problem-solving, collaboration, and team-building skills
- Build and become strong leaders
- Understand and practice Gracious Professionalism™
- Cooperate and compete in alliances at tournaments
- Compete for awards on and off the field
- Participate in a tiered competition that culminates at the FIRST Championship
- Qualify for millions of dollars in college scholarships
- Have fun!