What does it cost to participate? There are costs involved with fielding a FIRST Tech Challenge team and they can vary from team to team and region to region depending on what level of participation the team chooses.
Here are some basic cost parameters:
- The FIRST Tech Challenge registration for North American teams is $275 each season. International team registration varies by location.
- The average season costs per, including: team registration, a robot kit of parts, event registration, travel, and additional costs for rookie teams is approximately $2,500.
- The robot kit of parts is reusable each season, so veteran teams can expect to pay less.
- FIRST offers many fundraising tools and teams are encouraged to create their own opportunities. Grants may also be available, as well as sponsorships provided locally, regionally and nationally by many corporations.
- All costs for individual team members are assumed by the team as a group.